When it is time to look at new garbage disposals and installation, just call our team at Atlantic Green. We’ll assist you to find one that will cover your needs and your budget and offer professional garbage disposal installation from one of our skilled plumbers. We’re also ready to help if you’re only in need of a garbage disposal repair. One of our qualified staff will complete a home visit to detect the problem and get your disposal back up and operating in no time.
Installing a garbage disposal can help to add an extra layer of functionality to your kitchen. It makes it much easier to rinse off dishes and get rid of food scraps since you won’t have to worry about scraping them off into the garbage before putting dirty dishes into the sink. When choosing what type of garbage disposal to install, you may want to consider one with a lot of horsepower. Typical garbage disposals come in the 1/5 to 1/3 horsepower range, while more high-end models provide 3/4 to 1 horsepower. The higher the horsepower, the better the unit will be able to dispose of food scraps. It will also be able to handle tougher jobs, like meat and bones, due to the added power.
Common Concerns about Garbage Disposals
- It just won’t run.
- The disposal is making noise, but not effective.
- Your disposal is leaking.
- It has started to smell bad and the odor won’t dissipate .
- Water is draining slowly through your disposal or backing up.
Tips To Keep Your Garbage Disposal Working
- Garbage disposals require consistent use to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Using your garbage disposal to crush food should be done by using cold water only. Cold water solidifies any greases or oils that might have been poured into the system, making it effortless for the disposal to break them up and eliminate them.
- Clean it with ice. Occasionally put a small amount of ice into the garbage disposal and run it to keep the unit clean. Make sure you put the rubber stopper over the opening before you run it to keep ice pieces from flying out.
- Use citrus as a freshener. You can grind up citrus peels from lemons, limes, oranges, etc. to keep the disposal smelling fresh. The natural acid also hinders bacterial growth.
Contact us now to request an appointment! 540-834-5505