When you are in need of gas line repair, you can trust that our master gas fitters have knowledge, experience and understand compliance with the local codes and procedures to get the job done right.
Our team at Atlantic Green has provided residential gas line services for more than 20 years in the Fredericksburg area, and is well-known for our professionalism and high quality of service. Any type of gas related issue needs to be handled quickly and with caution and our technicians guarantee both.
Gas Line Repair
Our gas line repair services include:
- Emergency gas leak detection and repair
- Gas line replacement
- Gas line maintenance
- Gas related consultation
Signs of a gas leak at home
- Smell of gas – the unmistakable smell of rotten eggs is the first thing that should make you realize you have a problem with the gas lines.
- A hissing noise coming from the gas line – this can be a sign of existing opening in the line that needs to be taken care immediately.
- Change in the pipe temperature due to gas pressure dropping. Sometimes ice formations can be noticed.
- Inefficient or non-working gas appliances
Gas line leaks can be caused by tear or a scratch that results from high pressure, aging or corrosion, or a mechanical damage. Leaking gas can lead to asphyxiation or explosions. If you notice any of the above, you should act immediately.
What to do in the event of a gas leak
The first thing to do after detecting a gas leak is to leave the building, making sure to get everyone else out with you. While inside, do not turn on or off any appliance or anything electrical or battery powered. Do not use your cell phone. Once you are out and safe, call 911 or your gas provider to shut off the gas. Leave the rest to us! We can detect any gas leak with special equipment and repair it in no time!
Preventing gas leaks
Maintenance is always cheaper than repairs and when it comes to your health, it’s even more important to prevent gas leaks from occurring. Our team at Atlantic Green offers inspections and maintenance to make sure the gas line has no cracks, corrosion or leaks. Give us a call before you decide to connect a new home appliance to the gas line or if you need to make any construction changes that might affect the gas line on your property.